Carve Designs is seeking the following positions: Product Developer, Controller
Please submit resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
The Primary responsibilities of the Product Developer are to develop, manage and maintain the line of beach lifestyle apparel including and not limited to: active apparel, swimsuits, surf shorts, rash guards, lifestyle clothing, lifestyle jackets, and sweaters. You will work in conjunction with the Design and Production team to meet deadlines and ensure that product is being developed according to the calendar.
Specifically, you are responsible for:
- Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Helps develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets.
- Works with Tech designer on fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns.
- Maintains the specifications of the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
- Works closely with production and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, processes, and samples used to create new and innovative product each season.
- Manages target retail price and cost per garment and works toward target margins.
- Communicates with Asia and may need to travel to factories.
- Interacts with Creative Director, Designer, Tech Designer, marketing and sales department to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy of product description.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development and/or product management;
- Degree in apparel design;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Detail and result oriented;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external contacts;
- Must be willing to have hands in various parts of small business, pitch-in and help out, as well as be able to work in a fast paced, fun and intense environment;
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Basic Function: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of Carve Designs. It is a critical role that includes the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and management of financial controls and budgets.
You are expected to be a detail-oriented team-player with experience in consumer-oriented businesses. As an organization, we depend on data to drive growth in our business. You will play a critical role in the management and creation of financial and product analysis.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. Develop, analyze and interpret accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the business.
- Complete operational requirements by completing yourself or scheduling and assigning employees tasks and then following up on work results.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. This includes reporting on all manner of inventory.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure that accounts payable are entered, reconciled with supplier records and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are processed and collected promptly, manage credit risk on wholesale sales
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements on a monthly basis
- Coordinate the preparation of the quarterly reports for the board of directors
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for product margin analysis, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual review
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation.