Have Bikini: Will Travel. Our Fave 8 Items for Spring Break.on
- A bikini that works overtime. Who wants to fuss with one bikini for lounging, another one for swimming, and yet another for paddling? Not us. That’s why we’ll be packing the Sanitas Reversible Bikini Top ($56) and Janie Reversible Bottoms($46) in our bag. Enough coverage to show off your paddling skills without showing off anything else, but stylish enough for margaritas in the cabana, this two-in-one bikini works hard so you can pack smart.
- Rose-colored glasses. Before you even set foot on the beach, get your sunny disposition locked and loaded with some stylish Original Pink sunnies from Sunskis ($48). Polarized lenses and durable hinges make these the perfect beach shades, and pink lenses might be the only way to actually improve the view from your beach towel.
- A beach-to-bistro tee. Color-blocking and a peek-a-boo back make the Mercer Cap Sleeve Tee ($52) chic enough for dinner out, but the quick-dry, breathable fabric works great over your swimsuit while you hike to the nearest waterfall, too.
- No nonsense sunscreen. The ultimate vacation buzzkill? The infamous Day One sunburn. Enjoy a whole week of safe sun with a 3-in-1 sunscreen from Kiss My Face ($12.95) that steps in as your anti-aging potion and moisturizer for the week. Your multi-product skincare routine deserves a break, too, so leave it at home.
- Amphibious leggings. From a dawn patrol surf session to an afternoon siesta, the crazy versatile Reef Tight ($58) will be the only pants your Spring Break trip can’t survive without. Sun smart, quick-dry, and with five cute prints and colors to choose from, these pants work just as well with a bikini top as they do with a caftan and sandals.
- An “I’m on vacation” hat. Throw some shade and have fun doing it. Nothing announces that you’re not responding to emails quite like a trucker hat with a golden whale on it ($24). If someone tries to talk taxes or suggest that a small order of guacamole will suffice, tell them to “talk to the whale.”
- Some light reading. Don’t plan to be sitting still long enough to finish your latest book club novel? No worries — stash a copy of Misadventures Magazine in your bag and enjoy a collection of articles that read like short stories while inspiring you to keep moving.
- The sandal that seals the deal. Ever try to travel with just a carry on, only to be foiled by too many pairs of shoes? Not this Spring Break! Enter the Bayside Sandal by Seavees ($108) which replaces your flip flops, flats, and walking shoes. Comfy, stylish, and durable, these are the ultimate trick for avoiding a checked bag.
What are your tricks for packing light and playing hard? Show us how you Spring Break by tagging your pics with #CarveDesigns for a chance to be featured on our feed and win a Whale Trucker Hat. Happy Spring,beach babes!