Join the Carve Designs Team!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Inventory Analyst/Financial Planner
Carve Designs is a rapidly growing women’s beach lifestyle apparel brand based in Sausalito, California. We are seeking a business professional who will provide accurate planning, forecasting and analysis as well as inventory management and demand planning. Carve Designs is a fast-paced dynamic environment. We are looking for candidates who are problem-solvers. You should be a good team player and process-oriented. Successful contributors to our team take accountability for their work, but are not afraid to ask questions. This position will report to the VP of Finance and will partner with the Controller, Production Department, Marketing Department to provide analysis for the business. This role will propose inventory decisions including demand planning, purchasing, and sell-through. This position will also have a project-based focus and support various needs for the finance team. The work completed in this role will influence management decision making by providing timely and accurate financial information. The ability to work across teams effectively is critical to the success of this position.
Items to manage include all but not limited to the below –
• This position will provide support to the Director of Production to analyze inventory and recommend corrective actions including avoiding low stock levels, analyzing product performance, quality issues, and maximizing sales and reducing overstocks.
• Other key tasks related to the movement of inventory such as Inventory In-Transit tracking, and item costing (freight and duty), generate and maintain monthly reports on inventory levels, develop initiatives to reduce slow moving inventory.
• Analyze past inventory performance and plan future inventory purchases.
• Analyze the impact of marketing initiatives on inventory performance.
• Prepare Available-To-Sell reports weekly.
• Provide analysis and assessment of Excess & Obsolete Inventory.
• Develop and partner with department leaders on the preparation of annual budgets.
• Consolidate annual department and administrative budgets and develop balance sheets and cash flows to create the annual budget for leadership review and sign-off.
• Develop and implement the infrastructure to support monthly forecasting and scenario analysis and the department and consolidated levels.
• Develop and track variances against annual budgets, forecasts and KPIs.
• Provide insights that fit Carve Designs’ philosophy, budget, ROI objectives and sustainable long-term growth.
• Lead development & execution of the annual planning process; monthly forecast, variance analysis, balance sheets, cash flow and 3-5 year modeling.
• Conduct ROI analysis and modeling of CAPEX projects.
• Utilize sales reports to update cash forecasts.
• Other Ad Hoc Duties as directed by the VP of Finance.
• This position will also provide support to the Director of Digital Marketing to analyze the Customer Data Platform (CDP) to gain insights for decision making and other KPI analytics.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Ability to work in the Company’s Sausalito office at least two days a week.
• Experience with Consumer Products and eCommerce is desired.
• Experience with Inventory, demand planning, life cycle management and logistics
• 3+ years in Financial Analysis or a closely related field.
• Experience with Netsuite, Lexer, Google Analytics is a plus.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills. • Must be able to work with cross-functional counterparts.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Customer Experience Representative (seasonal, part-time)
March 2024 – August 2024
Step into the heart of our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Ecommerce operations as a Customer Experience Representative, where you'll be the vital connector linking our customers with impeccable service regarding product inquiries, orders, and post-purchase support, including shipping and returns. You'll also collaborate closely with our third-party logistics partner and internal Ecommerce team to keep a pulse on inventory, product arrivals, and continuously build product knowledge. In this multifaceted role, you'll interact with various teams within Carve Designs, showcasing your adaptability and readiness to tackle the fluctuating demands of the business. Enjoy the flexibility of a fully remote position, empowering you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Strong understanding of work order processing, DTC processing, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Proven experience in high volume customer service – phone, chat, email
- Ability to problem solve, master attention to detail, and diffuse customer conflict
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work in a team environment, give and receive honest and direct feedback
- Work closely with CS and Shipping Teams to create collaborative and efficient work processes
- Provide clear status and needs to CS manager
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process to CS manager
- Analyze information and execute instructions properly
- Ability to maintain an organized work schedule
- 2 years of experience in a high-volume customer service environment
- Experience with NetSuite, Shopify, Zendesk and Microsoft Office a plus
- Knowledge of the apparel industry, outdoor industry focused a plus
- Reliable environment to work remote in a quiet setting during business hours
- Must be available fully during business hours and scheduled shifts
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Must have great follow up skills via e-mail, phone, chat
What’s in it for You:
- Exclusive Company Perks: Delight in perks like access to our product range and a supportive family-oriented workplace
- Competitive Compensation
- Personal & Professional Development: Embark on a professional journey of growth and knowledge that will contribute to your understanding of the consumer in today's world
- Work-Life Harmony: Benefit from flexible working options, including remote work, and a vacation policy that honors your personal time
How to Apply: To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Customer Experience Representative + (your name)” in the subject line.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Fit Model
About the role: Looking for size 6 (Size S) woman who likes to try on clothes and give feedback on fit.
- Must be willing to try on swimwear
- $70 hour
- Flexible 2x a week schedule
- Approximately 4 hours per week
- Located in Sausalito