The Lightest Travel: 1 Week, 1 Carry-On Bagon
It’s time to leave your skis (and boots, and poles, and helmet, and parka, and mittens…) at home and plan a trip to sunny paradise. What better way to celebrate the warmer weather than by paring your packing list down to only the best essentials? There’s no need for bulky extras and too many options; paradise looks great on you! So grab your favorite carry-on (don’t worry, we’ve got a recommendation) and these ten must-haves, then get busy relaxing
- A duffel bag that’s on vacation too. Seabags.Com Weekender ($245) is constructed from retired sailboat sails. The weekender duffel fits under the seat of the smallest puddle jumper and is the perfect way to set the tone for your week off.
- Is it a tank top? Is it a swim suit? YES. Wear it while you paddle out and while you cruise through the village. The Hana Tankini ($68) has you covered — literally — for whatever the day has in store.
- Easy wash, quick dry skirt. From surf to sangria, the quick dry Seaside Skirt ($49) turns a tankini into a dress. Easy to wash and dry overnight for another outfit choice.
- The always-in-style t-shirt dress. Part swimsuit cover-up, part date-night frock, the Bennett Dress ($66) in a custom fabric blend of 50% organic cotton and 50% micro modal will be the item you reach for again and again.
- Beach-proof sunglasses. The salty air and shifting sand may be therapy for your soul, but not all sunglasses can hang in paradise. Sunski’s Dispeas sunnies ($55) are polarized, durable, and cute enough for all your #VacationInParadise pics.
- The essential bikini bottom. Comfortable. Flattering. Durable. Need we say more? The St. Barth bikini bottom in navy goes with everything so that you worry about nothing.
- Go-everywhere boardshorts. Paddle to the outside, hike to the top, or cruise into town. In water or on land, the Rockway Boardshort ($62) lets you do you, comfortably.
- We always make room for music. There’s no need to sleuth out the local disco when you can bring your favorite tunes with you wherever you go. The portable Buckshot Bluetooth speaker ($29.95) is the size of a flashlight and won’t judge you for blasting Taylor Swift while you wait for your Mai Tai.
- An easy breezy tunic. Boho inspired embroidery and sheer-but-not-too-sheer fabric make the Harbour Tunic the chicest item in your vacation wardrobe. Stick a flower in your hair and call it a day.
- The dressed-up, dance-ready flip flop. Wear-everywhere Havianas Luna sandal ($30) with a metallic flair and an elegant design. We’re in love. Can’t decide? They are light -you can fit both!
Vacation days are precious. Spend your time making memories, not packing lists. With these hard-working basics, you’re just a travel day away from a carefree trip to paradise. Cheers to that!