SUP Girl? 8 Must-Haves For An Awesome Stand Up Paddleboard Adventureon
Rivers and lakes are at record highs all over, which means that beach girls of all varieties stand to have an epic paddling season. So whether you paddle to surf, for fitness, or just to see the shore from a new perspective, we’ve got a list of our favorite gear to make sure that you have a great day on the water.
- A sporty bikini. When you’re going to work up a sweat on top of the water, and likely go for a swim in it, too, you need a bikini that can keep up with you. Our go-to is the stay-put Hana Top.
- And we love to pair it with the full coverage Catalina Bottom. No need to choose between function and fashion with this bikini — have it all!
- A board, of course. We love Boga's line of Yoga Fitness boards and Yolo's all around boards. With so many styles to choose from these days, you can find a board that’s perfect for your favorite body of water, ability level, and interests.
- Sun protection. When we paddle out we usually hope to be out on the water for at least a couple hours, and with the water reflecting all those rays, you need to bring your SPF A-game. All of Carve Designs’ bikinis have SPF 50 built into the fabric, and we like to protect everything else with a spray sunscreen specifically designed for activity like Kiss My Face’s Spray Cool Sport. Don’t forget the tops of your feet!
- Water of the potable kind. Don’t get caught on a path to dehydration while you’re enjoying a day on the water. Fill up a flip top Hydroflask with plenty of water before you head out and make sure that thing is empty by the time you make it back to the shore!
- Some layer love. Part of the adventure of a day on the water is the fact that the conditions could take a turn at any moment, but there’s no reason to be caught unprepared. In case the wind picks up or you just need more coverage, make sure to grab some swim leggings and a long-sleeved rashguard. The Reef Tights and Tidal Rashguard slip on over your bikini easily, and can double as active wear in case you want to leave them on all day.
- Beach proof tunes. If you want to turn your beach day into a personal party (and trust us, you do), don’t forget to grab a waterproof Bluetooth speaker, like the ECOXBT waterproof, bluetooth speaker, which has a convenient handle that you can easily tie down to your board. Jimmy Buffet album not included.
- The elusive warm, dry space. No matter how hard we try to unplug, there’s always something from our indoor life that we seem to bring with us. A handy dry bag will keep all your perishables safe and dry so you don’t have to worry about any rogue waves.
- An aprés paddle outfit. Part of the fun of any adventure is recounting it with friends afterwards, so make sure to stash a coverup in the dry bag so you’re margarita-ready after your paddle. The Gansett Dress in spandex and nylon packs like a dream and slips over your swimsuit to take you from the beach to the bar with ease.
Is there anything you can’t live without on your SUP?
Let us know! Tag us in your next adventure pic at #CarveDesigns. Happy paddling!