Friday Distractions: Because Bikinis Can't Have All The Funon
One piece bathing suits made a big, stylish come back last year and we couldn’t have been happier about it. Fashionable, flattering, functional swimwear is kind of our thing, and we never miss an opportunity to celebrate a winning swimsuit. Lately, we can’t stop obsessing over our favorite tankinis and all the ways they’re working for us this year. We’ve been fans of a good tankini for, well, ever, so we decided to compile a list of five reasons why every woman should have one in her swim wardrobe.
- Best of both worlds. For those times when we can’t decide between a bikini and a one piece, a tankini offers that just right in-between option. The low cut and strappy-backed Dahlia tankini offers near-bikini skin exposure on top, for example, and we can mix and match it with a bottom that’s as low-coverage or high-coverage as we’re in the mood for.
- From the beach to the street. Not all beach days are lazy days with enough time for a leisurely costume change before cocktail hour. More often than not, we find ourselves making a stop at the market or squeezing in an errand on our way home from the beach, and occasionally the beach day ends up running right into a soccer game or birthday party without any time for a pit stop. The tankini is here for this chaos. Pull-on a flowy skirt and floppy hat and you’re cocktail ready, with everyone asking about your new top.
- From water to land. Not only do tankinis work overtime for errands and parties, our more supportive options double as active wear tops that are perfect for hiking, yoga, or hitting the gym. The Sophia Tankini has a medium support interior bra hidden under a flattering blouson shell, and adjustable criss-cross straps let you customize your support even further. The banded bottom makes it awesome for yoga, keeping you covered no matter how many down dogs have you seeing upside down.
- Mix and match forever. Prints on top and solids on bottom. Solids on top and prints on bottom. High coverage top with cheeky bottoms. Busty top with full coverage bottoms. No swimsuit will let you customize your mix and match options more than a tankini. We even designed our active wear in the same prints and colors as our swimwear, so your tankini top will pair perfectly with your new favorite leggings, too.
- The ageless option. With fuller coverage swimsuits so on-trend right now, tankinis are a perfect choice for beach-goers of all ages. Whether you’re wanting to look like the responsible adult you hope to be one day, or whether you’re hoping to knock ten years off your age, there’s a tankini for that.
Don’t take our word for it, browse the full selection, try one (or four) on for yourself, and get to the beach already!
Beyoncé's version of lemonade stole our hearts, but this Rosé Lemonade is a play on the warm weather classic that you won't be able to get enough of. Pour another glass, quick!
Washed Out's Feel It All Around is a mix of 80s soft rock, synth-pop, syrupy flow and chillwave vibes. Feel It All Around evokes those summertime afternoons, cruising home from a long day at the beach. What more could we want? Listen to our Friday Distractions playlist and get fresh tunes every month.
A new swimsuit, chilled glass of Rosé in hand, and summer... yes way Rosé. This month we're giving away a chance to win this outfit, plus a Corkcicle Stemless Tumbler to hold all those chilled drinks you'll be drinking all summer long. Check out our instagram (@carvedesigns) to see how you can enter to win! Winner will be selected next Friday (7/13). Good luck!
Have a great weekend and CARVE ON!
The Carve Designs Team