Carve Designs is seeking the following positions: Product Developer & Staff Accountant
Please submit resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
The Primary responsibilities of the Product Developer are to develop, manage and maintain the line of beach lifestyle apparel including and not limited to: active apparel, swimsuits, surf shorts, rash guards, lifestyle clothing, lifestyle jackets, and sweaters. You will work in conjunction with the Design and Production team to meet deadlines and ensure that product is being developed according to the calendar.
Specifically, you are responsible for:
- Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Helps develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets.
- Works with Tech designer on fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns.
- Maintains the specifications of the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
- Works closely with production and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, processes, and samples used to create new and innovative product each season.
- Manages target retail price and cost per garment and works toward target margins.
- Communicates with Asia and may need to travel to factories.
- Interacts with Creative Director, Designer, Tech Designer, marketing and sales department to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy of product description.
- Performs these and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development and/or product management;
- Degree in apparel design;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Detail and result oriented;
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse group of internal and external contacts;
- Must be willing to have hands in various parts of small business, pitch-in and help out, as well as be able to work in a fast paced, fun and intense environment;
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
This person will be responsible for accounts receivable, invoicing and collections, auditing and entering vendor accounts payable invoices into the system, and correspondence and maintenance of asset based line of credit.
- Invoicing customers for shipped orders
- Matching invoice/shipped quantity to the purchase order quantity.
- Investigating any short shipments and creating credits when needed.
- Maintaining positive customer relations and assisting customers with questions regarding billings and shipments
- Maintaining open and paid invoice files by customer.
- Running weekly A/R aging reports and follow up with customers on past due payments.
- Preparing daily invoice submission to the asset based lender.
- Responsible for data entry of merchandise and expense vendor invoices
- Enters and posts employee expense account reimbursements.
- Investigates any prior balances unpaid and makes note on invoices if they have been paid or in open payables.
- For merchandise vendors, matching vendor invoice amounts and quantities with warehouse receipt quantity and purchase order amount and quantity.
- Maintaining organized open and paid vendor files.
- Reviewing vendor statements monthly and reconcile to open balances
- Running A/P aging reports weekly to give to Owner for selection of payments and approval of a weekly check run.
- Preparing monthly commission statements.
- Cutting vendor checks as selected in the check run.
- Preparing cut checks for signature by attaching appropriate invoice to check stub
- Ongoing communication and follow-up with vendors regarding discrepancies in quantities received, amounts or open balance differences.
- Entry Level to 5 years experience
- Quickbooks or Netsuite experience a plus
- Touch key typing
- Superior skills Microsoft Office products and accounting software
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Passion for an active lifestyle